Make your favorite Apple Watch faces more accessible by reorganizing them and deleting any you don’t like anymore.
Did you know you can quickly change the watch face with a left or right swipe from the edge of your Apple Watch screen? If you’ve added many watch faces to your Apple Watch, though, it might take a long time to get to the desired face by swiping alone.
To address this issue, you can easily reorganize or delete your Apple Watch faces right from your wrist. This tutorial shows you how to do both.
How to Reorder Your Apple Watch Faces
Follow these steps to change the position or order of your Apple Watch faces:
- Wake your Apple Watch to see the current watch face. Tap and hold the watch face, and it will shrink in size.
- From this screen, swipe left or right to view all your watch faces and find the one you want to move.
- Tap and hold the watch face once again and you’ll see its position appear in green text. The first number shows the placement of the current watch face. The second number shows how many watch faces you have added.
- Drag and drop the watch face left or right without lifting your finger to change its position.
- After you finish reordering, press the Digital Crown to return to your current watch face.
How to Delete Your Apple Watch Faces
If you no longer like a watch face, removing it from your list of added watch faces is easy. This is also useful if you’ve got too many watch faces to scroll through. Here’s how to delete faces:
- Wake your Apple Watch and tap and hold the watch face to enter editing mode.
- Swipe left or right to find the watch face you wish to remove.
- Swipe up on the watch face.
- Tap Remove.
- Press the Digital Crown to exit editing mode.
You have now successfully removed the watch face from your Apple Watch. If you ever wish to add an Apple Watch face again, press the current watch face, swipe left to reach the end, and tap the big plus (+) button. You can also find the watch faces in the Face Gallery section of the Watch app on your iPhone.
Manage Your Apple Watch Faces on an iPhone
This is how you can reorder and delete watch faces from your Apple Watch. The steps are straightforward, but if you face difficulty, you can always use the iPhone’s Watch app to manage your Apple Watch faces instead.
Open the iOS Watch app and tap Edit next to My Faces. From here, use the three lines icon to change the position of the watch faces. And tap the red minus (–) button and hit Remove to delete one from the list of added watch faces.
Keep Your Apple Watch Organized
Rearranging and deleting old Apple Watch faces is one of many ways you can keep your watch organized. Another trick is to rearrange all your Apple Watch apps into a useful order, or start viewing them as a list.