Huawei has been releasing major smartphones including the flagships in their Huawei as well as Honor series every year and the same was repeated this year also as the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro was released earlier this year. Other than that, the Honor series from Huawei saw the launch of the Huawei Honor 7X as the Huawei Honor’s flagship smartphone of 2017. Now, both the smartphones have joined the other smartphones that were launched by Huawei recently. Also, we have known that the latest smartphones from Huawei were launched with the latest version of Android that was released by Google which has been named as Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
However, the other smartphones that were launched by the company in both the brands have been running on Android 7.1 Nougat or lower and they are still about to be updated to Android Oreo. Now, the updates have been released by Huawei which consists of the security patch updates as well as the other firmware updates also apart from the software updates. Also, there is an option for Huawei devices to download and install the firmware updates manually to the device so that we don’t have to wait for the OTA to come to the device which usually takes very long time for some users and very less for others.
Now, you might have known that the process of finding the correct firmware files for your device and then downloading that firmware to your device to update can be a very tedious process as there is currently no proper tool to get the exact firmware file for our device. However, this process is going to get a lot easier for you from now on as we have found a new tool which is extremely efficient in finding the exact firmware files for your device which you can download to your device in order to update to the latest firmware.
Now, this tool has been developed by Team MT and the XDA Senior Member, gmanrainy has shared more details about this tool in his post on the XDA Forums. Now, this tool has been named as the Huawei Firmware Finder which is available for both, Windows and Android. If you want to run this application on a Windows PC, you need to have a PC running on at least Windows Vista SP1 or more. Your PC should have a .Net Framework 4.5.2 and a Dial-Up Connection
Features of Huawei Firmware Finder for Windows
- Search firmware for different ranges
- Search firmware in common database
- Proxy server for sending firmware to smartphone
- Built-in firmware loader
Features of Huawei Firmware Finder for Android
- Search for firmware in a common database.
- Downloading, when using a multi-threaded download with 128 threads, the speed reaches 5 megabits per second.
- Unpacking UPDATE.APP from the downloaded firmware.
- Local proxy server for sending firmware to smartphone
Downloads for PC
Download version for Android
Page for download Firmware Finder (Team MT)
Steps to Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
- First of all, download the file mentioned in the Downloads section above which is a zip file and extract it to any folder on your PC
- After that, you will find a FirmwareFinderRewrite.exe file inside the folder, double-click on that file which will run the main program
- Now, you will see the home screen of the Firmware Finder application same as the image attached below
- Now, you will have to choose your appropriate Huawei device by clicking on the Choose a model for the search button. To find your device’s model number, you have to visit Settings -> About Phone -> Model Number and copy down your model number for future use
- After this, select the appropriate model number from the list from the list of Huawei devices as seen below
- Once you have selected the appropriate model number, you have to search the firmware for the device by going to the second tab inside the application and click on Start button at the top which will begin the process of searching for the firmware
- However, this application also offers an option to search from all the firmware files that are currently available in its database which can be found from the common base section in the application.
- Once you visit the fourth tab inside the application named as Common base, you will see a long list of firmware files that are available for the various devices and the links to download the files are also present on the side. We have attached the screenshot of the same down below which you will also see once you visit this section of the Firmware Finder application
- Now, we also used this application for searching the correct Huawei firmware fikes for our Huawei device. We searched for the model number ale-l21c432b618 which is the model number for the Huawei P8 Lite and it showed all the firmware files that were available for the device as seen from the image attached down below
This application comes in very handy if you have a Huawei device and you want to download the latest firmware files for your device at the earliest. Make sure to try this application out and comment if you have any doubts about this application in the comment section below.